The total cost for the Medical Assisting program varies, depending on which track is selected.
Please keep in mind that SRJC has financial aid and scholarships available here: https://financialaid.santarosa.edu/
SRJC also has low-income, disabled, and first-generation assistance here: https://hope.santarosa.edu/program-eligibility.
Please reach out to those departments to get assistance with paying for your MA education.
Here is a list of fees/costs (may not be exhaustive):
- The fee for the SRJC registration units. See this link for the exact total cost for the units, as unit fees vary by semester: https://admissions.santarosa.edu/fees-refund-information
- The MA Administrative Certificate is a total of 28.5 units.
- The MA Administrative Major is a total of 29.5 units. (Not included here is the units needed for general education major course work which can be from 23 to 39 additional units)
- The MA Clinical Certificate is a total of 37.5 units.
- The MA Clinical Major is a total of 38.5 units. (Not included here is the units needed for general education major course work which can be from 23 to 39 additional units)
- The MA Administrative & Clinical Certificate is 45.5 units.
- The MA Administrative & Clinical Major is a total of 46.5 units. (Not included here is the units needed for general education major course work which can be from 23 to 39 additional units)
- The SRJC skills lab supplies fee (clinical tracks only). This fee includes all the supplies needed to learn how to become a clinical MA. This fee varies by semester, based on supplier cost fluctuations, but is usually anywhere from $250 to $350 (paid only once).
- The CastleBranch fee ranges from $100 to $110 (paid only once).
- The SRJC parking fee is $60/semester.
- The cost of purchasing uniforms, shoes, etc can vary depending on where they are purchased, and the size. It is highly recommended that the student purchase 2 full sets of scrubs (2 scrub tops and 2 scrub bottoms). The uniforms are worn several times per week in all clinical and administrative semesters. The total cost for 2 complete sets of scrubs only (not including scrub jackets or shoes) ranges from $115 to $200.
- The ID badge fee is $4 each - total of $8 (paid only once).
- The cost of books varies by the track chosen, and also varies by semester, but can range from $350 to $1200.
- The cost of getting all the health requirements done (BLS/CPR, titers, vaccines, health exam, etc) prior to entry to the clinical and/or administrative internships/externships, varies greatly from provider to provider and cannot be listed here. Please see the Health Requirements section of this webpage, and the MA Student Handbook for low-cost resources.
- The cost of studying for, and taking, the highly recommended CCBMA state certification exam is not included here. Please go here for more information: www.ccbma.org