APPLIES TO THE SKILLS LAB AND ONSITE CLINICAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE ROTATIONS (INCLUDING OUTROTATIONS)
Students will not be admitted to skills lab, or onsite clinical/administrative rotations if they are not wearing the uniform as described below.
Required scrubs can be purchased at A5 Uniform in Santa Rosa, and/or at Uniform Advantage in Santa Rosa.
It is highly recommended that the student purchase 2 full sets of scrubs (2 scrub tops and 2 scrub bottoms). The uniforms are worn several times per week in both the skills labs, and to all clinical and administrative onsite rotations.
ID BADGES - The official student photo identification (ID) badge/tag is to be worn at all times for all skills lab and clinical/administrative settings. To obtain your badges, please go to the links below, and follow the directions:
- Male Shirt: Dickies Style 81906, Male Pant: Dickies Style 81006 (both shirt and pants must be navy)
- Female Shirt: Koi Style 137-12, Female Pant: Koi Style 701-12 (both shirt and pants must be navy)
- ALL undergarments that can be seen, like long johns, turtlenecks, etc., that are worn for warmth or to cover tattoos, must be white.
- Any scrub jackets worn over the scrub top must exactly match the color of your scrub top, and the jacket must be an actual scrub jacket - NOT a sweatshirt or other type of jacket. ID Badge must be on both the scrub jacket AND the scrub shirt.
- White shoes with a solid, closed toe. No mesh tops. (No specific style is required.)
- White socks (clean every day).
Hair: Must be clean, and neatly styled. Long hair must be pulled back so that when the students bends over, no hair falls into the face. This means that long ponytails must be wrapped up into a bun, and any hairs that fall out from the bun on the sides of the head must be pinned back. For short styles, hair must be worn above the collar. No extreme styles or artificial colors, such as pink, blue, green, etc.
Facial Hair: Must be clean and neatly trimmed.
Jewelry: Students may wear two stud earrings (one in each ear only, if desired) and wedding ring, if desired. Dangling or loop style earrings pose a potential hazard and may not be worn in the clinical or lab areas. No other jewelry, studs or piercings permitted.
Watch: Clinical only: Must wear a sweep hand watch (white preferred), not requiring manipulation to activate the dial, in the clinical patient care areas, and to skills lab. No digital watches allowed.
Headgear: Hats, caps, and head scarves are not allowed.
Tattoos: Must be covered at all times by white undergarments or white arm sleeves.
Make-up: Should be limited to neutral shades.
Nails: Must be clean, short and free of polish.
Hygiene: Students are expected to be free from body odor, tobacco and scents, i.e. lotion, perfume, aftershave, etc.
Food/Drink: Only bottled water in non-glass containers is allowed in the skills lab. Students are not allowed to bring anything other than bottled water to the patient care areas of the clinical and administrative sites. (Lunch and snack items may be brought and kept in break room areas.) Absolutely no gum, or hard candies in the skills lab, or at the sites.